I don't want to alarm his fan club. He's basically where he has been for a while, but this morning, he flat refused to go for a walkie. He went out to pee, and that was it. He dug in and refused to go for a Real Walk. So I left him behind, because I was trying to get to the office early so I could grab what I needed, check my email, get the admin moving on something, and come home to wait for the countertop guys.
I got back to the house at 10, and opened the door. Murphy had baptized the new floor, if you KWIM, and I know you do. And more- there was quite a bit of blood in it.
Not the first time there has been blood. And he greeted me like, "Hi Mom! I feel MUCH BETTER!" and proceeded to be a royal pain in the ass the entire time the Silestone installers were failing to install all of my kitchen counter, and beyond. He was energetic, cheerful, hungry, demanding, barking, dancing, complaining, hyper - but, yeah, it's clearly not good in his innards.
And he's 13.5, and 4+ years into a disease that has few survivors past 2 years. He's feeling fine. He's standing here demanding my attention as I type this. I'm not putting him through another round of surgery to find out what's causing the bleeding. I just don't think it's the right thing to do - he's on borrowed time already, the vet pretty much has told me that anything found is unlikely to be fixable, and he seems to do just fine even with the occasional blood-tinged explosion.
The new floor was the best money ever spent. And now I will answer his demands and take him for a walkie.